Sunday, June 13, 2010

Thoughts of You






I am so happy  to have some time to create and blog. Last week was tiring and emotional, not a wonderful combination, but it is done and that's good!
This card was designed and made over several days........took a few different turns, had to walk away a few times, but I am finally satisfied enough to share it with you.
Stamped the large canvas stripe  with distress ink on Letterpress card stock. Then stamped the tall flower image with memento black ink.
Die cut a piece of letterpress card stock with spellbinders deckled oval nestability. Colored the inner edge with a copic marker. Placed over the canvas striped layer.
Stamped the tall flower again on a piece of aqua card stock and cut out the flowers and layered over the first stamped image.
Colored the flowers and leaves with copic markers.
Die cut a piece of the aqua card stock with spellbinders curved rectangle die and placed over the first two layers.
Stamped the bird and colored with copics. Used foam tape for adhesive to add dimension.
Stamped the sentiment.
Placed the card front on a A6 size white card.

Looking forward to the start of a new week, with a better frame of mind and a commitment to myself to think about the words of a song by Carrie Underwood........
"Jesus take the wheel, take it from my hands
'Cause I can't do this on my own, I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus, take the wheel"
I tend to worry too much about things over which I have absolutely no control and am just trying to keep in mind that if I do what I can and quit worrying about those other things I am going to be a lot happier! Give it up to a higher power.
Hope this is the start of a great week for you! Sending smiles your way!

4 comments:

  1. Debbie, that is so pretty and serene. I love what you did with the flower and putting that cute little bird at the bottom. Now I need the deckle edge ovals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and super clean lines on this card Debbie! This flower is going to become a favorite classic with HA fans, I'm sure of that!

    You are just like me, I also worry way too much and wish I didn't, but you are right, all things take care of itself by ends day. Big hugs, and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love the combination of dies you have used. The colors are so calming and pretty too! I wish I could turn the switch so I wouldn't worry. Hope you have a better week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful card Debbie, love the softness and layers. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!