Thursday, July 1, 2010

Alcohol Inks and Glimmer Mists


Aaaah! You can walk outside this morning without feeling  like you walked into a sauna. So refreshing. And it must be refreshing for the animals too. It has been SO hot and  I haven't seen anything of our usual wildlife. This morning there were 4 deer in the field and the bunny is out in the yard. I think they are enjoying the change as much as I am.

Today the background is Glimmer Mists and the alcohol inks were used to create the butterflies and flowers.
To make the background I cut one piece of glossy white card stock and another piece of regular card stock the same size. I tore the regular card stock and used it as a mask to spray the glimmer mists. By cutting it the same size and tearing it you will have the exact shapes you need to make the grass and the sky meet.
You just mask off the bottom and spray the sky, then using the top part of the mask to spray the green.
 Next, I stamped and embossed the Grass from the Earth Flowers set.

Used pink and purple alcohol inks on glossy card stock and then used Martha Stewart punches to create the flowers and butterflies.
The dragonfly from Antique Engravings was stamped on vellum and embossed with white ink and powder.
Sprayed the blue glimmer mist on a small piece of glossy card stock. Stamped and embossed the sentiment from the Just Find Me clear set and cut out with nestability.
Placed card front on a A6 size white Card and added a few gemstones for glitz.

Hope you are having great weather and I appreciate you stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for the tip about masking for the sky and grass - such a simple thing but not one that I thought of! The butterflies and flowers are so pretty. We are having a lovely weather day here, too, and I hope it lasts a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers with the butterflies and dragonflies, such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a beautiful flower garden you have created, Debbie!!!! The background is sooo pretty and I love all the punched flowers and butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, this is so so beautiful! I just love everything about you card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous summery scene Debbie! Love the effect of technique you used on the grass and sky. The butterflies, flowers and dragonfly are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- just love this gorgeous card!! You are making me want to get out the AI and play!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!