Friday, July 23, 2010

Not so distressed!


I love the colors of the Distress Inks, but sometimes I don't want them to look so distressed. So I ink the stamp first with Versamark frost and then follow with a distress ink, stamp, sprinkle with clear embossing powder and emboss. There is only one thing you need to be careful about...if you are stamping multiple images be sure to clean the stamp before you reink with versamark or you will contaminate your pad with color. Ask me how I know that.....but if it does happen I have found that you can wipe the color off with a baby wipe, or piece of paper. On these flowers I used two colors of distress inks, dried marigold and worn lipstick.
The top and bottom edge were cut using a nestabiltiy. Another trick....I didn't have the size I needed for the white layer so I placed one edge of the nestability over the paper, to cut, and the other edge under the paper.
After cutting one edge I reversed the nestability to cut the other edge. I also found that if I placed a piece of scrap paper over the whole think before running it through the cuttlebug, it didn't pick up anything from the cutting plate.
The stamps are from Papertrey Ink, their June release.
It is really hot here, heat index is 110. Another good reason that I am not going to leave the house until I have to go to work on Monday. Yeah! Lots of creative time :)

Stay cool! thanks for your visit and come back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Great colors and love that technique! I can't wait to have time to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how your worked the two colors on the flowers, great description! Wow! I will have to give this technique a try! Love the speckled edge on the nestie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty! I love the two different colors on the flowers, I will have to give that a try. The embossing really makes the colors pop.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!