Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Poppies on Vellum



I love playing with stamps and inks and paper because you can get so many different looks.Whether it's through color, texture, or design, the possibilities are truly endless and I think that's why so many of us spend so much time creating and admiring each others creations.

Lately I've been drawn to the drawer where my stash of vellum has been stowed away. Today I pulled out this vellum that is a white stripe on white. Didn't realize how much the stripes would show up with this solid background stamp but it gives it a distressed appearance. To make the negative part of the image really pop I backed the stamped square with a piece of white card stock. Then I cut another piece of white card stock slightly larger than the vellum square, but only adhered the two layers behind the center square and left the edges loose.

The poppies on the side were from another great poppy stamp by Hero Arts. Stamped and embossed on pink card stock and cut out. Saved some time with the cutting by only cutting the blossoms and using strips of green paper for the stems. No trying to cut out tiny stems.

Have you got something stashed away that you haven't used lately? Pull it out and see what happens, I bet you'll like the results!
Thanks for coming by to visit, it's always appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. Debbie, this card is absolutely lovely! It's so delicate-looking. Using both poppy stamps really makes it doubly pretty. I love your idea not to cut out the stems, either! And using the same green for CS, stems, and butterflies really ties it all together. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vellum is so nice. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Come visit www.designsbydiana.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a soothing look to your poppies and I like how the smaller clusters stand off to the side like that, perfectly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Debbie! I love vellum, too! The poppies look so great on the vellum! Beautiful card! :-)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!