Thursday, July 29, 2010

Punched Borders


If you have visited here, you have probably also visited Tiffany's  BLOG "It's the Stuff I love". She picked the perfect title for her blog and not only is it the stuff she loves, but I love her style. So if you haven't already been, be sure and visit today.

She was the inspiration for this card. The second card she posted had wonderful punched sides. Now when I have used the border punches I always punched the bottom of the card and her card gave me a wonderful "aha" moment. The thoughts and ideas just started running through my head. Don't you love it when that happens? So thank you Tiffany!

I was going to make several cards and post them all at one time, but patience is not a virtue that I have, so here is the first card.
I was worried that it would be hard to match up the back and front of the card so I tried to punch the card folded............didn't work, the two layers of card stock were to thick for the punch. So I found that if I started at the top fold of the card and worked toward the bottoms the punched edged lined up beautifully.
Another trick that I have learned...when you are punching an edge, if you turn the punch over it is easier than trying to line up the design on the front.


In the picture, I had already punched the border once, moved the paper over so that the edge of the punched area lines up with the next area to be punched. So easy.
The "tall flower" stamp is by Hero Arts and the sentiment is from PTI "Just the ticket"
Border punch by Martha Stewart and the deckled oval is from Spellbinders.

Can't wait to try this with all my border punches.
Thanks for stopping by, it's always appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. Now you've inspired me!! Isn't Tiff the best!? You did an awesome job on this one. Your color combo and edges are perfect!! Thanks for sharing how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This card is really fresh and filled with stunning colors! I love the dynamic combination of the green, blue and white! Thanks for the tip about turning the punch to the back side...I have never tried that before! Ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is stunning! You've so inspired me to get out that punch! Great colors, too!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!