Monday, July 5, 2010

Simply the Best


All stamps on this card are from the Hero clear set "Simply the best".

The fruit was stamped on different colors of card stock and the leaves and the watermelon rind were cut and layered. The fruit looked flat and I wanted to try and give it a fresh look, so I sprayed it with glimmer mists and memory mists. Added some dimension with glossy accents and a little added color with copic markers.
The idea for the piercing came from Joan Ervin's blog. I thought the piercing added so much balance to her card and was the perfect accent. If you haven't visited her blog before be sure to check it out.

I also wanted to thank Jill Foster, and let her know how honored I am that she is featuring me on her Blog this week. Go check out the great card she made today.
Thank you Jill!!

Hope your week is "Simply the Best!"
Thanks for sharing some time with me :)
Debbie

7 comments:

  1. Debbie. lovely card; you put a lot of hard work into it. I'm amused (as well) by your profile. Stamping therapy is so much more fun!! I work as a public health nutritionist and get many of your babies once they get home; keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Debbie! I love how this turned out! Great colors and so neat with the Glossy Accents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! So many fabulous details! Thanks again for letting me share your INCREDIBLE cards on my blog- the honor is all mine!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Debbie! This is gorgeous! I love the shimmer effect on the fruits! And thanks so much for continuing to stop by my blog during my recovery! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the dimension you added and the piercing too! Congrats on being featured on Jill's blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, was I surprised to see my name on your blog, Debbie...thanks for the recognition!!! Your card is FABULOUS!!! I'm lovin all the fruit and especially how you created the seed on the watermelon...awesome piercing, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's perfect! The mist really does make it come to life, so real looking!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!