Monday, July 26, 2010

Stamping with Paint Dabbers


I have these Adirondak Paint Dabbers sitting right above my craft desk, so I see them every day, but haven't used them for a while. Today was the day. Decided to apply them directly to my stamp........but couldn't get the paint to come out of the dabber. Thought I remembered someone saying that if that happened, to add a little water. Sprayed water into the bottle with a mister, re-capped, and shook vigorously. It worked very well and I was able to apply the ink to my stamp.
The paint was pretty thick on the stamp so I decided to stamp it lightly once and then again and these were the results I got.


The first image was pretty but my favorite was the second image, so that is the one that was used to make the card.
I cut the image with a nestability and gave it some texture using a PTI texture plate. Then added a little more color using a couple of copic markers and a colored pencil. Did a little distressing around the edges using the bundled sage distress ink and finished with a violet copic marker.
Found out something quite helpful at this point. Got a little heavy handed with the distressing and the color around the edge, so I just sanded it down with a sanding block and was pleased with the more subtle look.
The butterfly was stamped on vellum using the same color dabber and embossed with clear powder. Don't know if it was the vellum or the embossing but the color appeared quite different than the image on the card stock.
I think the paint from the dabber has a nice effect, it made the petals look like there had been a fine line traced around them.

Don't know about you but I wish I was at CHA this week!! Maybe one day..........
Can't wait to see what new products are available after the show. Hope the attendees will be getting some sneak peeks to us.
Thanks for stopping by, your visits are always appreciated!

8 comments:

  1. Love both the images, Debbie! You should use the darker one for another card! So fun to see the Dabbers in action! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful result with the paint dabbers, you always come up with such innovative and different techniques, gorgeous blossom of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great look you achieved with the paint dabbers...the flowers look like they were watercolored!!!! I will have to give this a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job with these flowers...they look like they were watercolored!!! This is such a great technique....I'll have to give it a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the artsy look of the stamping with paint! Both images are fabulous! Great color choices and the texture on the finished card is another great touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Debbie! Gorgeous card! I just recently played with Paint Dabbers and had quite the fiasco! But, it all worked out in the end! You got such beautiful results! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm so glad this got tweeted by HA or I might have missed this amazing card. What a wonderful technique to use the Paint Dabbers to paint the stamp, and such a beautiful result.
    bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used the paint!! Gorgeous card, Debbie!! Congrats on Hero Arts Twitter!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!