Monday, July 19, 2010

Tami's Technique

Over on the Hero Blog last week, Tami showed us a technique using distress inks and water color paper. You can find out more about the technique and see her wonderful card Here. I couldn't wait to give it a try.

Here is my card using that technique...I used tumbled glass and bundled sage and finished it by spraying glimmer mists. It really gave it a very pretty sheen, unfortunately it's hard to see in the photo.

Stamped and embossed the three ferns, cut out with a nestability, and then embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder. After the piece was embossed it reminded me of a Japanese paper fan. I think someone should design an embossing folder of one of those fans. Wouldn't that be fun? Maybe in different sizes...lots of possibilities there.

Yesterday was so much fun. Tanya (A Scattered Stamper) came over and we made cards, talked, ate, made more cards. Despite the fact that we weren't quiet for a minute, LOL!, we got quite a bit accomplished.
Planning a little trip to Charlotte for the CK convention and a visit to Stampers Alley, and might get to see Jackie, a fellow blogger. We met Jackie last year when we stopped in Stampers Alley. We were talking and  discovered that we all upload to the Hero Flickr site. It's a small world :).

Thanks for visiting and come back soon :)

8 comments:

  1. Love this technique and what you've done with it, Debbie! Gorgeous results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I really like all of the different textures on this card. I am looking forward to your visit - let me know which day you will be stopping by and I will try to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rich look of this card. Absolutely gorgeous! Now I'm inspired....You did an awesome job, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, love the colors of the background! Thanks for having me up yesterday, I had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is really lovely, the 3 Ferns have never looked prettier! How fun that you are meeting up with other HA Flickr members...Tanya won my Blog Candy autographed Hero Arts Catalog, I'm so happy you two had a wonderful time stamping together. Oh and congrats on the HA Twitter mention, I might have missed this wonderful post if I hadn't seen the Tweet!
    bless you,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is a total stunner! LOVE the texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is GORGEOUS...what a faboulous background you creates and the gold embossing is simply stunning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the glossy look on the 3 ferns, it's such a favorite stamp of mine to play with! Embossed or not, it always reminds me of a pretty tree swaying in the wind!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!