Monday, August 16, 2010

CK Trip Photos

Last week was one for the records and I am glad it is in the record books LOL! I worked 13 hours on Monday, came home and spent 2 days in bed on a heating pad. Back to work on Thursday. The most stressful part of the whole thing was worrying whether I would be able to make a four hour car trip with Tanya on Friday.

But Friday morning I packed up my heating pad and tylenol and off to Charlotte we went. Yippee!! We had been counting on this trip for a long time, and the pain of missing it would have been much worse than the physical pain in my back. Our first stop was the CK Convention and straight to the Scrap-Mart booth looking for the new Spellbinders Nestabilities. Alas, no luck but I did pick up a few deckled rectangles and placed an order with them for a few of the new ones. They did have samples of the new Grand nestabilities and they are very LARGE!

We ran into 2 friends from Wilmington at the Tattered Angels booth and had lots of fun at their make and take booth. This is a photo of Ann and Tammy enjoying all the Glimmer Mist fun (sorry for the blurry quality)


So we were spraying Glimmer Mists and there is a large fan near by.........I was afraid by the time we left I would look like a Smurf. We learned some great techniques and of course picked up a few new products.


This is a picture of Tanya and I showing off something we made. As you can see there is quite a bit of age difference between us. I rarely think about it.......we have such a good time sharing ideas, crafting, enabling...and when we are together we are talking constantly and having fun so what difference does age make?????
 But as I was getting ready to leave for the trip my hubby says "This could be like a mother-daughter outing!!!!!"  How old do you think I felt when he said that!

Saturday morning we went to Stampers Alley in Mooresville. We found this store the last time we went to the CK convention. This is where we met Jackie and found out that she is also on the Hero flickr site (shortwizard) and she has a blog Just Stamp It. Since last year I visit Jackie's blog a lot and it was great to see her again this year. This is a picture of Tanya and Jackie when we were getting ready to check out.

We also found a great quilt store there. It had the most fabric I had ever seen and some beautiful work displayed there. The only problem is it was in an older 2 story building and the air conditioning was out on the second floor.......It was 90 degrees up there so it really limited the time you were able to look. But our plan is to make another trip because it was so nice.

One more happy surprise I had last week was getting an honorable mention at the Play Date Cafe! I was very excited, it was the first time I had participated in their challenge. So thanks to everyone over there for that honor!

This is going to be a better week and will be making some cards with some of the new products we picked up, and will be visiting you on your blogs :) Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. It was so good to see you both again and I'm glad you had a good time at the convention. Have fun creating with your new goodies and when I get over to Wilmington again I will be sure to look you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very fun Debbie! Loved hearing about your trip and I'm glad you were prepared with your heating pad! Looks like you had too much fun to worry about that though! Congrats on the HM at PDC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like the convention was a blast! (chuckle at the bit about "turning into a smurf"). felt like i was right there with you. thanks for sharing these pics, debbie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much FUN, Debbie! Thanks for sharing these great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Debbie! How cool that you got to go to the CK Convention in Charlotte! Looks like you had tons of fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!