Monday, August 23, 2010

Everything But the Kitchen Sink sketch challenge # 21



Participating in this sketch challenge today. When I started the only thing I decided on was the "sketch" and that I wanted to use some fabulous felt.


The first step was to make the flower using nestabilities. After cutting out the blossoms, I added some dimension and embellishment with some embroidery thread, which led to the idea to use the thread on the card base.
The white card front was created by cutting a piece of card stock 1 3/4 inch longer than the front of the card. Then I turned under the extra length and punched the border with a Martha Stewart punch. Then I sewed along the punched border with a dark pink thread. Then stamped at the top with the Hero Arts large canvas stripe stamp with white ink and embossed with white.
In the middle of the white card front I stamped and embossed a large flourish stamp from HA and applied the flower over the flourish.
Below the flower I paper pierced two curved lines and sewed them with two shades of the pink thread. Then stamped and embossed a small leaf flourish design.

I found the felt Here. You should go over and see all the gorgeous colors available and it works great with   nestabilitites. I found out about the felt thanks to Jackie and since she enabled me, I thought I would enable you!

Opened my curtains this morning and there is a cute little bunny out munching on the grass. I love animals :). The deer that are usually in the field by our house don't show up much in the summer. So for now it's just the bunnies and the birds.

Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. Super great idea with the felt flower. Way to go. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog and for being a frequent visitor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful take on the sketch, Debbie! I love the stitching and gorgeous felt flower! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful and I love the felt flower. Clearly you have too much time on your hands if you are hand sewing on cards! I do love the look, though, so keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so fabulous! You even stitched in-between the edges of the felt flowers, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, gorgeous work! I like to add sewing to cards and SB pages too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love the stitching on the flower and card, it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Great job on the stitching! Thank you for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That stitching & your flower are so lovely!! :D

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!