Sunday, August 1, 2010

Paper Piecing with vellum


Stamps by: Hero Arts, Memory Box

Memory Box  has some beautiful bird stamps.  I chose to use this one because it looked like it would be great for some paper piecing and instead of using patterned paper I used vellum for a softer look.

After completing the paper piecing I masked the image and stamped the Hero Arts script stamp over it using desert sand Memento Ink.
I die cut the tan paper twice, scored the top piece about 3/4 " from the left edge and adhered that 3/4" to the second  piece, leaving the other side loose to form the card base. The last step was to tie some ribbon near the scored edge for embellishment.

Have you got something planned for your crafting this week? Or do you just take it day by day and see where it leads you? Either way, have fun, I look forward to seeing your creations.

Thanks for visiting :)!!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty card, Deb! The vellum has great colour too. Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I had no idea that was vellum - what did you use to adhere it? I can't see any adhesive at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a small xyron and I ran the vellum through that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to use vellum for paper piecing- love what you did with this fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the softness that the vellum created! So beautifully done, your creativity is never ending Debbie!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!