Monday, August 30, 2010

PDCC # 44


I struggled with these colors!


The Stamps are by Hero Arts. I stamped and embossed the wheat with versamark frost and butterscotch embossing powder. The star background stamp was embossed using versamark under not quite navy dye ink and clear powder.
The pink background was created using a foam applicator to apply worn lipstick distress ink. A few gemstones and ribbons to finish it off.
Not quite sure what I would use this card for...........Any suggestions?

Last week was very busy and I got home one night around 1030, feeling worn out. Hubby had put my mail on the kitchen table and I saw a manilla envelope in the middle of it. I started trying to remember what I might have ordered....didn't have a clue. I hadn't ordered anything at all, it was a wonderful card and package from Tiffany. Here is the beautiful Card! The card looks beautiful on her blog but it is even prettier in person and it is hard to believe that she hasn't been using copics for a long time. Don't you just love her color style? This was such a wonderful surprise and I just want to say "Thank You Tiffany!!"

Hope you have at least one wonderful surprise this week!
Thanks for stopping by :)

11 comments:

  1. You did a great job with these colours! Congratulations on persevering - and i love the starry night over a cornfield design - it's fab! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe :) ps your card from Tiffany is gorgeous, what a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tough color combination but I like what you did with it. I don't have any ideas for the occasion, though, sorry. Sooooo - what did you get at Archiver's? Inquiring minds and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At Archivers I stocked up on some favorite colors of card stock, a few embellishments, and ONLY 1 stamp! can you believe I only got 1?

    ReplyDelete
  4. saw this on flickr, debbie. this is a real treat for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...I think this looks very dreamy with that frosty looking pink and then the bold pop of the blue! It's really pretty! So glad you liked the card and the goodies! So much fun, all this sharing that we do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty, sure doesn't look like you struggled at all! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the pink to the blue stars! I know the answer to the card use!!! Reach for the stars and as a graduation card! Glad you joined us this week at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely! The embossing is wonderful.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous design, Debbie...you did a fabulous job with the colors and I just love the wheat!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the wheat and the stars! This turned out lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you stuck with the colors because this is a really lovely card. Thanks so much for playing with us in The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!