Friday, August 20, 2010

PDCC43


Playing along with the Play Date Cafe Challenge this week and I'm getting my entry in on time this week :).



My entry is featuring a few new stamps that I picked up at the CK Convention and Stampers Alley.
The central silhouette leaf image is from Impression Obsession.  It was stamped and embossed with white ink and white powder. The frame around the blue background was created by cutting the next smaller size nestability and using that as a mask, stamping the leaf background stamp, remove the mask and emboss. I wanted the frame to be softer than the main image so I sanded off some of the embossing.
The small flowers are from Heartfelt Creations and cut out with their matching die from spellbinders.
The butterfly is from Hero Arts.
The sentiment is from PTI and so is the texture plate that was used on the white and blue pieces of card stock.

It's a rainy, dreary day here today but as Annie would say "The sun will come out tomorrow". Seriously, that's the forecast........the sun is coming out for my birthday and going away again the day after. We are going out with my cousin and her husband tonight to celebrate because his birthday was yesterday, so we're going out the day between our two days. Just happened to think that means neither one of us get free birthday cake, I guess we could have planned that better!

Thanks for sharing your day with me :)

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the butterfly Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love these colors together, it definitely showcases summer time refreshment! So pretty! So your b-day is the 21st? So much fun! Looks like we both have August birthdays! I wish for you a really happy day with lots of food and being with loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these colors together, the stamping around the die really makes the focal image pop! Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just stunning, Debbie. I think you nailed the inspiration! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful butterly, wonderful embossing! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely use of the colors. The butterfly is a beautiful touch. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely entry for our challenge at the PDCC this week, really pretty! Hope the sun is out for you today and you have a lovely birthday! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I really like the way you masked the background, it sets off the flower perfectly. Congratulations on your win over a the Impression Obsession blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful!! love you take on the challenge :) these are such great colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE how you've used the colors of the inspiration on your charming design!

    So sorry I haven't been able to comment much! Please know that I love popping in to see all of the fabulous eye-candy on your blog!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful birthday card--I love your embossing--subtle but beautiful! Great job:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, Debbie! I love the subtle texture from the linen embossing plate.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!