Monday, August 9, 2010

Purple Poppies


This was the card I was talking about in yesterday's post. The first idea was to mask the central image and stamp around it....possibly using a script stamp or a background stamp with small details, but this beautiful Memory Box paper is what I decided to go with. It was cut into a frame shape using a Spellbinder's nestability.
The poppy stamp is from the Hugs and Prayers set. There are two poppy stamps, one that is the outline, and one that is a bold image. I stamped the bold image first using olive green, and stamped the outline image on white card stock using purple ink. Colored the outline poppies with copic markers, cut out and layered over the bold image.

off to work....Have a great Monday!
Thanks for coming by :)

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the way you layered the image and the patterned papers coordinates beautifully with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layers on the poppy, and the color and BG paper are perfect! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful frame surrounding your main poppy image, so pretty with the flowers trimmed and enhanced! Hope you are well, saw your tweet on your back...hope it's getting better! I've had back probs before, no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the frame you created with that gorgeous paper and your image with the popped up flowers looks sooo pretty!!! I LOOOVE this, Debbie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Debbie! I love the soft, beautiful, simple elegance of this card! :-)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!