Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Single Rose


When I was making the "Everyday is a Gift" card, that was featured yesterday, I embossed and cut out several of the roses that I used. This was one of the leftovers and I thought it was too pretty to throw away but I wanted to change it a little, so I colored it with copics.
The white panel is Letterpress card stock, I love how thick it is......almost like chipboard. Used a nestability to cut out the center and create the frame for the rose.
The tiny little sentiment is from PTI and the tag was made with a nestability also. 
Just finished it up by adding the double layered bow.

I slept in this morning, hadn't planned to but I guess I needed the rest. Going over to see my dad and take him out to lunch....maybe seafood. Hope you have a fun and safe Saturday.....see you tomorrow :)
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie, I'm so glad you didn't throw it away - this card is beautiful. I love the way you layered it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is extra pretty, Debbie! I love the colors and the unique design with the oval window! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card, Debbie. I love your design! I think it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card....and am now a follower : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my, what a gorgeous rose....your coloring is outstanding and I love how you added the bow and sentiment over the stem....beautifully done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your single stem flower as the focal point! So pretty at a slanted tilt! Love the angular tie of your ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, the coloring is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Debbie! This card is STUNNING! Sometimes the ones with simple designs can be so hard to execute well - but you've done it marvelously! Love the coloring on the rose. And the sheer bow is perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!