Sunday, August 8, 2010

You're too Kind


This card features another beautiful stamp set that arrived from Gina K Designs this week. It is Hugs and Prayers by Nina Brackett. The image was stamped, embossed and colored with a combination of copics and a SU marker.
The oval was die cut using a nestability, then I pierced holes around the edge and used embroidery thread to stitch along the piercing. The oval is Letterpress cardstock. I love stamping on it and it cuts so well, using nesties and the cuttlebug.
The butterfly was stamped twice on vellum. Both images were embossed, cut out and then layered to intensify the color and add dimension.
I also traced around the edge of the image using a dry embossing stylus, it helps the image to pop. The last step was to add a tiny bit of glitter to the center of the flower.

Already had some inspiration for another card using this set.......don't you love it when that happens? It makes up for those times when my creative juices have stopped flowing.

Do you have any fun plans for the week? I am traveling to Charlotte for a CK convention at the end of the week. I am hoping that someone will have some of the new spellbinders nestabilities there...I have a list already of the ones I just can't live without LOL!!!

Thanks for sharing some time with me today :)

3 comments:

  1. I love it when you use that stylus, I remember you've used it on some previous cards, so pretty! The dimension really is fabulous! I'm looking forward to seeing all the new Spellbinders too!! Yay, are you getting the Grand ones? Would love those, but the machine will have to wait a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thi is gorgeous- I noticed the embossing around the inage right away- how pretty- LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this stamp set, the embossing around the flower is beautiful! Love the stitching too!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!