Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Clean and Simple

The Caardvarks challenge this week is being sponsored by Hero Arts and the challenge is Clean and Simple. So that started me thinking about what is "clean and simple" and I think that is going to vary from person to person. I was looking at the cards that their design team did and they are all great and  they do vary a lot.
And this is my interpretation.


On an A2 size kraft card, stamped and embossed the floral image on the bottom corner. Colored with white prismacolor pencil and used a low odor solvent to blend the pencil. Cut out around the bottom of the flower.
I have two layers on this card but only because when I first stamped the sentiment it was crooked. So I stamped it again on another piece of card stock and cut out to layer over the crooked one. So a little less clean and simple than I would have liked, but the card was saved :).

Because I cut out around the flower on the bottom I wanted something subtle on the back on the inside of the card so I used a white dye ink and stamped the large canvas stripe. It turned out light enough that the inside message can be stamped and the background won't be overpowering. And this is a picture that shows how the card looks closed.


Hope you like my interpretation. And I would love to hear from you about what "clean and simple" means to you. Check out the challenge and join in for some fun and a chance to win some great prizes from Hero.

Thanks for visiting :)

10 comments:

  1. Love this card, Debbie! So cool how you cut the edge of the card where the flower is! The subtle stripes behind it look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this simple, yet wonder filled card. I love soft touch you used here. Beautiful - love the cut-out on the flower and the wonderful canvas on the inside.

    I really like the sentiment cut out the way you have this now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, very clean and beautiful! Love the way you cut the flower for the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower looks like a wood carving! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the soft feeling to this. Such a creative way to use the stripes too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely wonderful, clean, pure, is warm with the colors you've chosen, yet makes such an impact with that flower image! Love the trimming on the edge of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful design, Debbie...I really love how you cutout around the flower at the bottom and the kraft with the white ink accents looks gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever! I would not have thought of trimming the flower that way but I really like it a lot! You do the coolest things. Seriously. You do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your work!! Fantastic...I just became your newest follower on your blog... I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Have a fantastic weekend.
    Jen (jennyscards.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog to tell you about Papercraft Star (just in case you don't already know!) We'd love to have you enter some of your inspired projects in our challenges there. We're also having a DT call soon and want to tell papercrafters like you about the call! There is still time to enter our PTI gift certificate drawing too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!