Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hero Arts Pairing Up Challenge


My partner for the pairing up challenge is Stamprsue. We decided to do our challenge 1 day a week and use a technique that has been featured on the Hero Blog. The first technique chosen was this very creative one shown by Hero Artist Jennifer Mcquire. It had never occured to me to use glossy accents as a mask......but I like it!

I stamped the poppy stamp on patterned paper and then applied glossy accents over the flowers. The only hard part of this technique was waiting for the glossy accents to dry...............Patience is not a virtue of mine! and that is an understatement. I had to totally leave the area so I wouldn't be tempted to fiddle with it before it was dry. Did I make it? Not a chance LOL! It was Almost dry when I got back so I tried to hurry up the process by using my heat tool on the backside of the pp. After it was completely dry I applied distress inks directly to the paper. Wiped off the excess on top of the glossy accents. My stems almost disappeared into the distressed paper so I decided to stitch over them so they would show up again.

I stamped the script stamp with versamark frost over the distressed paper and embossed with clear powder.

 Sue came up with the great idea to use techniques for our challenge and I think it is going to be so much fun and I am looking forward to our partnership over the next few weeks. Sue has shown me a preview of her card and it is gorgeous! You can check it out on her BLOG here.

Thanks for your visit! They are always appreciated.



10 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I love the stitching on the stems, very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Debbie, this card is gorgeous! I really enjoyed reading how it came about, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, great card. I, too like the way you stitched the stems to bring them back. Using the glossy accents for a mask was a new technique for me, too.
    This is a fun challenge. Now what will our next technique be? stamping sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card...love the textures and colors you chose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so pretty- love the use of the Glossy Accents and the patterned paper, LOVE the stitched stems too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and use of the PP, love this technique and the stiching on the stem is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your work here with the patterned paper, this is beautiful, the colors show so well on this flower image! I made a card using Jennifer's technique too, turned out ok, then I messed it up by trying to add another stamp to it, oops! Should have just left it alone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really beautiful, Debbie. The patterned paper and the poppy stamp go together so well, and the stitched stems are a great idea. I love those soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Debbie...what a fabulous technique...the flowers look amazing and I LOVE how you did the stitching on the stems!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie this is beautiful, I am so pleased that you took the time to participate in this challenge, I hope that you have had fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!