Monday, September 20, 2010

Pairing up Challenge Week 2

 Sue and I picked embossed resist for the second week of our challenge. Please visit her Blog to check out her wonderful creation, love that combination of colors.

 The inspiration for this technique came from this post  and this post, both by Jennifer Mcguire.


This is my first card.
The background flourish was stamped on white card stock. The Blooming Meadow was stamped over the flourish image with versamark ink and embossed with clear powder. The flowers were colored using dye inks and sponges. The image was cut slightly larger than the embossed area and distressed using tea dye distress ink. Jennifer's card had script as the background and I think that works better than this flourish background. I should have stamped it in a lighter ink, or used a stamp that the image was smaller. The flourish in this card seems to compete too much with the meadow stamp.
Just thought I would share it with you so you could learn from my mistakes, and I do think the colors are pretty.

And this is my second attempt...


Jennifer used water color paper on the pearlized resist so I decided to give that a try using the poppy stamp. I embossed by applying versamark to the stamp and then applying brown dye ink. Stamped the image and embossed with clear powder. The flowers were colored using glimmer mists. Instead of spraying the glimmer mist on the paper, I sprayed it on an acrylic block and used a water color pen to add color to the flowers and the background.
I wanted to play around with this technique some more but I ran out of time. I want to stamp it and color it again on smooth card stock and see how different it looks. Maybe later this week.

Hope you had a wonderful Monday and thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. Love 'em both, Debbie! The colors on the first one are so pretty and I love the mix of stamps! Your poppies are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are great but my favorite is the second one with the poppies. stamping sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, stunning cards Debbie! Especially love the first one! Thanks for visiting me! Please be sure to visit my new blog. www.thestudio56.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both are gorgeous, love the colors and the glimmer mist you are using!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great set of cards Debbie! You do the resist technique so well! I do like the background you created on that first card, it gives it a very intriguing - mystical look against the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of your cards Debbie- the first one is great with ther flourish BG behind the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cards Debbie, I love these cards for the 2nd week of your challenge with Sue, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!