Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tissue Paper and Kraft Card Stock


Joan Ervin posted some wonderful cards using the technique of "stamping on tissue" yesterday morning and you can see her beautiful creations Here. I had stamped on tissue paper before but only on white. I could hardly wait to get in my craft room and play with the technique.

When I was going through my store of tissue paper I found this beautiful patterned tissue paper.


So I cut a piece off and wadded it up tightly and then opened carefully so it wouldn't tear. I cut a piece of white card stock, smeared it with glue and placed the wrinkled paper over the card stock. I pressed it on to the card stock but didn't smooth it down too much because I wanted it to stay wrinkled and not become too smooth.
I stamped and embossed the large canvas stripe image over the pp. Cut a piece of green card stock and used a fiskars border punch to form a decorative edge. Cut the small green and kraft card stock pieces with 2 nestabilities, stamped the sentiment, and finished by layering it on kraft card stock.

Thanks Joan, you really did inspire me and I bet I am not the only one :)

Have a great day everyone and keep your eyes open, there is wonderful inspiration all around!
Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is gorgeous! That tissue paper is beautiful all by itself. I may have to start paying more attention to tissue paper in the stores now. No...I don't need to start collecting anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful project...love that tissue paper pattern! The effect of this technique is fabulous....you've totally inspired me to try it too!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this idea, Debbie! I love your take on this technique; off to Joan's blog to read more about it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, how brilliant. Love your version of this technique. Thank you for the lead :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, Debbie...this is FANTABULOUS!!!! I never would have thought to use patterned tissue paper...this looks sooo gorgeous with the stamped stripes and punched border!!!! Thanks for the link to my blog, too...you are sooo sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie this is soooo pretty- love the wrinkled look and how you did the simple stripe stamp over the pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe how beautiful that patterned tissue paper is being stamped on, you can make anything look wondrous!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!