Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy Saturday Morning!


I was awakened by the phone this morning at 5:30 and I couldn't go back to sleep so off to the craft room for some creative time. I like early morning crafting, seems like my head is not as cluttered with thoughts from the day......

This old hydrangea stamp from Hero was sitting on the table so I decided to play with it.
I inked the stamp first with versamark and then dye inks, stamped and embossed with clear embossing powder. And then the coloring was on. I used colored pencils and copics. Did a little blending of the colored pencils with an odorless solvent and a little blending of the copics with their colorless blender. Kept just messing around with it until I was satisfied with the colors. I think I messed too much with the flower but since I added glossy accents to finish it off there is no changing it now.  Didn't want a thick coat of the accents so I painted it on with a paint brush.

Before applying the glossy accents I masked off the flower and stamped the grid around the edge with tea dye distress ink. Then removed the mask and stamped the script with a opaque white dye ink and added white around the edges to distress it some. After applying the kraft layer to a piece of green card stock I added the ribbon and adhered the layers to the card base.

I need to get outside today it is going to be lovely. The sky is beautiful and blue with a few wispy white clouds and the temp will be in the 70s. Just a hint of color in the leaves. Such a change from Monday till Thursday. We had over 22 inches of rain, water everywhere! Had to spend the night at the hospital Wed. night to make sure I could be at work on Thursday. Went over to see my dad yesterday, he lives about 35 miles from me and this is what one of the roads looked like


I drive a small car so I didn't attempt it! alternate route for me.

Hope you are high and dry and enjoying some beautiful weather! Thanks for stopping by!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Debbie, this is stunning. I don't think you messed about too much at all - well if you did, it is with incredible results.
    i keep looking at the edge of the Hydrangea, did you dry emboss the edge to give that fantastic definition? Or are my yes playing tricks?

    Enjoy your dry sunny day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did dry emboss around the edges, I guess it is really de-bossing. I put the kraft card stock on a soft mat and trace around the image with a dry embossing tool. I think it adds some nice dimension to an image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, so soft and pretty. That is a LOT of water, wow! I heard on the news that you all got 24 inches of rain..I hope it dries out soon - stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing description of this card, Debbie, love it! So soft! I hope you made it to your dad's ok! Geez, that is a lot of water! Unfortunately we are getting the opposite, drenched in heat lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous hydrangea, Debbie, and it looks sooo pretty with the wash of color and the stamped border...sooo shabby and elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!