Friday, October 8, 2010

A new stamp!


I know you can't imagine me having a new stamp, LOL!! But I do! Went to a Breastfeeding Conference in Chapel Hill so it involved a side trip to Archivers. They had a beautiful card on their counter using the Northwoods Winter Scene. It was very pretty and the stamp sitting beside it on the counter told me it wanted to come home with me and I listened and gave it a new home.

The background of stars is a Hero stamp that was inked in white and embossed with clear powder. If I had it to do over again I would have used white embossing powder. The winter scene image was stamped and embossed with a brown ink and clear powder. The trees were colored with white pencil and blended with gamsol, then the trees were covered with glossy accents. A little bit of white fun flock was added to create a snowy look on some of the branches.

I have another confession...........I got the Martha Stewart scoring board and I really like it. I already had another scoring board but this one is great because it has measurements across the top and side and the scoring channels are evenly spaced and close together. So if you want to do a series of straight lines you don't have to keep moving your paper. That sounds kind of lazy doesn't it?

And.......I also got some irredescent gold Glimmer Mist and I took another picture of the card in sunlight so you could see how shimmery it is.


So now I get to come see all of you and see what you have been doing this week. We are headed out for some Friday night football and then 12 hours at work tomorrow, so if I don't see you this evening, I will see you on Sunday, for sure.
Take care and thanks for stopping by :)

9 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the dimension with the glossy accents and the scoring! Have fun at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Debbie! This is such a wonderful, wintery scene! I love the shimmer and glossy trees! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gasped when I saw this, so very pretty! Good thing you took the stamp home with you! Remarkable job with the embossing and gamsol, love it! Enjoy your scoring board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOOOVE this, Debbie - you colored it perfectly and I love the subtle stars in the background! Just beautiful (and now I want to go to Archiver's and see if ours has this!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation. I love how you have done the silver birch trunks. Stunning!Sounds like you had some lovely retail therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that card! So pretty and shimmery and I think it looks better without all of the glitter they use at Northwoods. BTW< you won the prize drawing on my blog! Congratulations! Email me with your mailing address and we will get your prize out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the way you framed it with
    both cardstock and the score lines. I can see
    why that winter scene stamp made its way to your
    house--it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Card.. Love the scoring border

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!