Tuesday, November 30, 2010

First Ever.....1 Layer Christmas Card


I made a card!!!!!! That shouldn't be that exciting but for whatever reason putting stamp to paper lately has been a challenge for me. Judy posted a ninety minute challenge this morning over on the Hero Flickr site and I decided to give it a try.

My Christmas cards usually have many layers, but her challenge was to do a 1 layer holiday card. All stamps are by Hero Arts except the sentiment and it is by PTI.

First step was to cut a mask using a Spellbinders nestability. I placed that on the center of the card and sprayed Glimmer Mist around it. After the Mist was dry I stamped the Hero background star stamp and emobssed it. I used white ink and a polysparkle powder and the effect is really subtle.

Then I stamped and embossed the reindeer and colored it with a copic marker.

I used the Spellbinders nestability itself to draw outlines around the masked area using red and green markers. I added a few snowflakes to the center area around and below the reindeer. This wasn't part of the plan initially but there were a few smudges in those areas and I started to make the card over but it was getting close to the end of the 90 minutes.......so snowflakes it was.

Soooooo after I post this picture on the blog I notice the little piece of white paper stuck on the side near the sentiment. LOL!
But I am still happy..I MADE A CARD!!!! WOOHOO!!
My friend, Helen, says she has been looking at my blog everyday wondering when I was ever going to post something again. Helen, this one is for you!

Have a great day everyone and thanks so much for stopping by :)

8 comments:

  1. Way to go, Deb! You rocked in this one layer card challenge! Congrats on the Hero ARts Tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Debbie! The pretty scalloped circle is perfect for my favorite reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see your cards again! This is awesome, love how you used the spellbinders die! Another great way to make them more versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Hard to believe it's a one layer card! Perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Debbie! Thanks, it made my day! Glad you're getting your mojo back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful 1 layer card, great use, once again, of your nestabilities, I've never thought of using that on a one layer, must give it a try! Love the bluish colors!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!