Monday, December 13, 2010

2010 Christmas Card


The design is done!! Will I get 50 of these made in time to send out????????? That is the big question.

I finally took the plunge and got the Silhouette SD on back Friday. The sale was just too good to resist. The snow globe is one of their designs. The original size was too square for this A2 size card, but the wonderful thing is that you can adjust the design to be the size you need. So I just stretched the design to make the globe more oval than round and it fit perfectly. What a wonderful feature.

The deer, snow flake, sentiment, and stripe background are all from Hero Arts. The tree is from Penny Black.

The snow globe comes in three parts..the background, the base, and the snow layer and that makes it easy to color and decorate those parts individually. The snow layer was covered with adhesive and white fun flock was applied.

Now, off to do some Christmas shopping.........I haven't started yet. Every year I say I am going to get it done earlier and every year it is later. Hope you are doing better with your holiday preparations than I am.

I am on vacation for the next two weeks so I hope to see you more often :)
Thanks for stopping by!!

7 comments:

  1. Love this adorable card, Debbie! Fun design with the snow globe and reindeer! I'm in the same boat as you with the shopping! Will be starting mine today too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Such a happy card! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, love the deer, and the globe how neat to be able to adjust the designs! Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, Debbie!

    Enjoy your time off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! 50 is a lot! Hope you will get them all finished, it is one beautiful card, lots of charm and it feels so cozy for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that snow globe! I haven't started on my cards yet, either, but I am mostly through with the shopping. I didn't have a lot of that to do anyway, fortunately. Enjoy your vacation and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie!! Popping in to wish you and your loved ones a beautiful holiday! I hope you are well and that work isn't keeping you there permanently! Best wishes for 2011! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!