Friday, December 31, 2010

First Birthday for 2011


The first birthday we celebrate in the new year is on January 2nd and it is Gina's. She is the eldest of our children, and I'm not going to say how old she will be because like she just said to us "It just means you are getting older too."

This card was made entirely with the Silhouette SD and it required about 4 tries to get it right. I am still learning about settings and what is appropriate for what card stock and the intricacy of the detail. The letters of Gina's name were made using a font on my computer. The swirl is actually a part of a frame design in the Silhouette library. The white design and letters are from a "Happy Birthday" card design.
This is antique linen cardstock and I used the tag setting and increased it to the thickest setting and slowed the cutting rate down from 10 to 5 and I only had a couple of tiny places where it required some effort to get it apart. I have found that to be true of any die cut machine though, it just takes a little playing to find the right settings.

I start out pretty good at the first of the year, making cards and getting them out on time and as the year goes on I don't do as well...............Not going to make it a New Year's resolution but I am going to try and do better this year.

I wish for you a safe and Happy New Year filled with good health, happiness and lots of creative time. Thank you for sharing this past year with me and I am looking forward to your visits in the coming year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Debbie

4 comments:

  1. Love all the wonderful swirls from the Silhouette! Pretty card, Debbie! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a festive card, Debbie! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is really pretty, Debbie....what a sweet idea to add Gina's name to the card....beautiful colors, too!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very pretty, love what you've done with the Silhouette and that soft, flowery edge! I so can't wait to see your creations this year! I know what you mean with b-days...after x-mas is over, I have a family birthday each month all the way up to June, it's crazy but fun!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!