Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Winning Combination



Today I finally had a little time to play with my new Silhouette SD and some of my new Hero stamps. The card was made using a silhouette card design, cut out of white card stock. The new Hero stamp is the cling Flower Corsage stamp.

First I masked off the center loop design and stamped the corsage image around the edges of the card. Then I masked all of the card except the loops and colored them with the same ink I used to stamp the flowers. Then I used the ink again to color the frame and adhered around the center of the card. Stamped the sentiment on the back inside of the card so it was centered in the window. Finished it by adding a few white pearls.
The sentiment is from the Hero clear set CL184.

Are you glad the holidays are almost over? I am. It was nice but I am ready for a new year. This time of year holds the excitement of a clean slate to me...a blank new calendar just waiting to be written on. What will the new year hold? Do you have something that you are looking forward to? Maybe the best things will be the surprises that are in store for us, Let's hope so!

Thanks for stopping by :)

5 comments:

  1. Debbie, this design is beautiful! I love that HA sentiment and flower corsage stamp! The pearls are the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that frame you made is beautiful, Debbie! Love this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks like you have the Silhouette figured out pretty well! That card is beautiful. I love the loops in the center, the pearls on the edges and how you inked the frames to match. Perfection! Makes me want to get my Silhouette cranked up soon. I wish you all the best in 2011 - may it be a better year for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Really love the frame with the interlooping scallops! What a wonderful gift to receive for the holidays - can't wait to see more of your creations with the Silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I'm going to work on a version of this tonight! I sometimes get overwhelmed with my choices on the Silhouette so thanks so much for giving me a design focus. Can't wait to see what else you do with your Silhouette - to further help me get focused ;-)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!