Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bird and Blooms Collage


There are lots of great new stamps in the Hero 2011 catalog. This beauty caught my eye from the very first and I knew it would be at the top of my wish list. The background stamp is also from the new catalog.

I stamped the collage image on River Rock card stock from SU with black dye ink and then used a white colored pencil to highlight parts of the image. It was cut out with a Spellbinders nestability, color was added to the edge using a gray dye ink, a distress tool was used, and then a little more highlighting with the white pencil. I stamped the leaf part of the image again, cut it out and layered it over the first stamped image so that it would extend over the oval.
The dark gray card stock was used for the next nestability shape and the card base. The diagonal definition was stamped on light gray card stock and then a little distressing was done using the River Rock dye ink.
It's a little difficult to see in this picture but I added a little glossy accents over the birds eye and in the center of the tiny black flowers at the bottom of the collage. Black pearls were added to the center of the flowers.

Tanya and Lainey came over today and we got to do a little stamping, and a little oohing and aahing over the new stamps we acquired since our last stamp day. We had fun and Lainey is just adorable.
Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon!

6 comments:

  1. Truly exquisite!! Love what you did with the white accents! And the gentle leaf off the edge is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the mostly monotone look and the white pencil. I never think of doing that but I really like the effect. I am resisting the new stamps so far and I don't think we will have them in the shop for a while, which is good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant color combo, Debbie! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Debby! I think you just moved this stamp up towards the top of my list! Love the white touches you added, and also the dangling leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I think that stamp might have to go on my wish list too!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!