Monday, January 17, 2011

A Combination that Works!


The starting point for this card was the doily floral background from Silhouette SD. The original shape is a circle but I chose to change it to an oval. I wanted to use a flower from the silhouette library to go in the center of the oval but now matter how I tried I couldn't make it work.

I made the flower an oval....
I couldn't figure out what to use in the center of the flower....
I couldn't figure out what sentiment to use or where to put it....
I tried it in different colors...
I went back and cut the floral doily out of a different color...
one round and one oval.....
I walked away, I went back, I left it for another day...back again

I started to just throw it away but when I woke  up at 5am this morning.....after a cup of coffee I got an idea.
Masking is one of the themes for entries on the Hero Flickr site this month and I have this lovely new cling stamp CG266. The entire image wasn't going to work so I masked out the part of the stamp I didn't want to use and also masked around the center of the floral doily oval. Finally, inked stamp to card stock! I felt success close...but wait there was a stray mark of ink on my beautiful doily. No way to erase it... so that makes the sentiment placement easy...right over the stray mark. First I stamped it and then cut it out using a deckled oval from a Spellbinder's nestability set and then placed it over the mark. Added a few pearls and a flower for embellishment. The sentiment works because today I am celebrating Finishing this card!! LOL!

Does this happen to you? If it does, do you just move on or do you keep trying? I am glad I finally accomplished it but I also feel that if I had just moved on I would have been more productive over the last week.
Hope your week is creative and productive and aggravation free :)
Thanks for stopping by

5 comments:

  1. I am SO glad you stuck with this one, Debbie! It turned out just beautifully! Fabulous masking! Love the partial image, pretty coral color, gorgeous flower and perfect placement of pearls! Love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite use of this stamp I've seen. I love how you've made it into an oval and used the pretty soft pink. I think I really like using just one little girl. it really stands out. thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Debbie! That happens to me all the time. I regularly have to hide things with a carefully placed flower or sentiment. The reason they have the smudge on them is because they have been on my desk for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really stunning, very elegant and it does have a very vintagey, shabby feel to it with the delicate colors and image!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, this is sooo pretty!!!! How clever to mask the stamp to make it fit the oval...love the pink and white color combo, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!