Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Everything


The inspiration for this card came from Tiffany's post HERE. I loved all her bright beautiful colors and don't you think her post would be a great post for a color challenge? Tanya got this wonderful new flower stamp, isn't it beautiful? When she came over yesterday I just had to give it a try.  My 2011 wish list just keeps growing and growing....no surprise there.

This was really a quick and simple card to do, letting the glossy accents dry took the longest of anything.
Stamped the flower image (CL496) on Bo Bunny powder blue paper colored with copics (B21, B23) cut it out and added some glossy accents for dimension. Stamped the leaf (CG148) on Bo Bunny mint green paper, cut out and added glossy accents.
Cut the white card stock and punched the border with a Martha Stewart border punch.  It is hard to see but on either side of the strip of blue paper I added some embossed lines with a scoreboard. I stamped the blue background flower (CL275) with salvia blue ink ( I stamped it first on scrap paper and then stamped it again without reinking).
The sentiment (LL165) was stamped and cutout with a Spellbinders nestability, edged with the lighter copic marker. Adhered the layers to a white card base and it was all done. This was quick and easy enough that you could make some in different colors and with different sentiments and give them in a set for a nice gift.

I was supposed to work today but census is a little lower and I was able to stay home and take call. So some crafting fun this morning and now it's time to study a little. I am hoping to take the Lactation Consultant exam this summer. And maybe if I get to stay home all day I might do a little house cleaning. I have my priorities in order....fun first :)

Have a great day and thanks for your visit.

6 comments:

  1. Love the powder blue color and all that shine! Beautiful card, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, as usual! The Glossy Accents are beautiful on the flower and leaf. I'm glad you got another day at home, and got your priorities right! Always fun first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flower on this card, and it looks really awesome with all that glossy accent on it! Beautiful blue too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors on this and the glossy accents work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sooo beautiful, love the main focus on that gorgeous flower, so sweet to mention me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my kind of card! Love the lacy punch, the blues, and your gorgeous handling of this beautiful stamp! Well done, Debbie! And I agree - loved Tif's cards, too!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!