Saturday, February 26, 2011

Joyful Spring

I'm in the mood for flowers, especially lovely fresh spring flowers. Since they are not blooming yet I decided to make some.
The flowers on my wreath were all made on the Silhouette SD. Once they were cut out I placed them on a foam mat and rubbed the center of them with a round tool and that makes them curl up a little and gives them more dimension. Added a touch of color in the center with a yellow marker and some of the new Hero Hues Dots.
The wreath was stamped on white linen cardstock and cutout. The leaves were colored with a copic marker.
The background stamp was stamped with white pigment ink and embossed with white detail embossing powder.
The 3 scalloped ovals were cut on the Silhouette and the deckled strip was made using a Spellbinders nestability.

Supplies:
Hero Arts :
CL497 Find Joy                  
S5491 Flower Wreath
S5507 Envelope Pattern
Silhouette SD designs:
3d ruffle flower
8-petal flowers
8 piece mini scalloped oval set

 Now that I have my flowers I am going to clean my house. Not very exciting but when it's done I will find Joy in a clean house :)  Have a great one and thanks for visiting!
 

7 comments:

  1. Love the flowers on the wreath, and the envelope pattern in white! So pretty! P.S. You can claim victory on your enabling! LOL, mine is on the way : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you play with wreath stamps, Debbie! This is so fresh and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Debbie! Just remembered I got a wreath stamp for Christmas... You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning success! I bought that envelope pattern stamp and have yet to ink it up, but I love what you've done with it here. Your wreath is beautiful, makes me believe that Spring can't be too far away. You have inspired me to get more familiar with my Silhouette, too. I have been looking at tutorials for the past few hours and trying to duplicate them in my software - and I did it! Well, in theory. I didn't actually cut anything out yet - but I will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this spring time wreath! The colors are so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fresh and springy! When I first saw that HA envelope stamp, I didn't think much of it (in other words - I thought it was ugly!) but the way you used it has changed my mind! Now I may have to get it...

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!