Monday, February 21, 2011

Vase of Flowers


Hope you haven't gotten too tired of the pairing of Hero Arts and Silhouette, because here is another one.
The vase and flowers, and scalloped edge oval are designs from Silhouette and there is subtle stamping using Hero stamps to create texture.
The vase and flowers were cut out of white linen cardstock and colored with copics and markers. I stamped over the flowers using the Hero dandelion stamp in a similar color as the background. Glossy Accents was added to the shape of a vase.
The scalloped oval was cut out of a light blue-green cardstock and the pattern was embossed using the Hero Envelope Pattern stamp, versamark frost, and clear detail embossing powder.
The sentiment is from a new Clear Hero set "Sending Smiles Message". After stamping the sentiment I  embossed over it using the envelope pattern stamp.

I took the card outside to photograph in natural light and the wind kept blowing it off the deck and that is why you see a few rough edges here and there. So there I am with the card in one hand, the camera in the other...Put the card on the rail of the deck....try to get the camera ready....wind blows the card off the deck... . I'm out in the yard, hoping it didn't blow into the dirt....That happened more times than I want to admit! Hope you can picture that in your mind and it gives you something to laugh about. I'm laughing now but not so much when it was happening.

Have a great Monday! Thanks for visiting :)

5 comments:

  1. Ok Debbie! This is so gorgeous! You can't get any more spring time beauty than this! I love the arch on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Debbie! I love the flowers in the vase! I too have been know to chase a card or two in the yard. Especially today, it is really windy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Windy day there, too, huh? It looks like the card survived pretty well, it's so pretty. Your Silhouette cuts better than mine does, mine would have left little rough edges on something that fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty - I too love the HA silhouette images :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card - I know the feeling of that game "chase the card" well. hehehe

    Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!