Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chalk Inks


I haven't played with my chalk inks in quite a while and I was happy to see that they are holding up quite well even though I got them years ago. 
This card was very easy to make. I embossed the floral background stamp on white card stock using white pigment ink and white embossing powder. I applied the color to the flowers by rubbing a small piece of felt on the chalk ink pads and then applying the ink to the embossed image. I did add a little color with a yellow marker to the yellow flowers and the center of the pink ones. Stamped the sentiment, punched it out in a tag shape, a little ribbon and a few pearls are the finishing touches.
If you haven't used chalk inks before they have a "chalky" dull image after they dry but you can rub a dry soft cloth over them and it brings some shine to the finish.

I am looking forward to seeing my stamp club friends today. This will be the first meeting I have been able to attend this year and I have missed seeing everyone.

Hope you have a great day and thanks for sharing a  little time with me.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely pastel card, Debbie - have fun stamping today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time today, Debbie. I adore your card! I think it's one of the prettiest ones you've made! The colors are so soft and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to read that twice, chalk inks - how pretty! I have never tried using them that way, but I will now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, love the pastel colors and the chalk ink with this background stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, this is beautiful, Debbie...I love the colors and design!!! I have never used my chalk inks like that...thanks for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What a mesmerizing look on your background Debbie! This is truly a nicely 'wrapped' gift, love it!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!