Monday, March 21, 2011

JOY!


I love this sentiment from Hero, it reminds me that whatever the day brings you can usually find some joy there if you take the time to look for it. My son and daughter-in-law have been visiting since Thursday and it has been wonderful, so good to see them :). I have introduced Anita to the joy of cardmaking and I think she is hooked on it. She has made some great cards.

I found a little time this morning to make this card using a new flower stamp from Magenta that I found over at Ellen Hutson online store. If you are not familiar with Magenta, they are a stamp store in Canada that has great stamps. I am so excited that Ellen Hutson is carrying some of their products now.

I stamped and colored the image. Ran it through the silhouette sd to cut a frame. After the frame was done I stamped it with the Envelope pattern stamp and then put the stamped center back in place. This made it be one layer and fit together like a puzzle piece. Usually I would have just layered the frame over the center image, but I like this look better.
Stamped the image on the side...the joy of clear stamps...you can put them anywhere without a stamp positioner. All that was left to do was punch the little butterflies from BoBunny pp using a Martha Stewart Punch.

Going to spend the rest of the day enjoying spending time with family. Have a great start to your week and thanks for visiting!
Debbie

8 comments:

  1. Love this, Debbie! Beautiful frame and gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is gorgeous! You will have to do a tutorial on placing the stamped image to cut a frame around it, I haven't even thought of trying that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Debbie, this one touched me - my favorite blues and I have adopted "joy" as my motto, so this is very special!! Thank you for brightening my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this flower stamp, the card is so beautiful, especially love the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, just like all your work. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Love the corners on the back layer and your coloring is wonderful.

    Deb (Conroe, TX)

    My Blog: Creative Heart Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get over how exquisite all of your cards look, I really mean that! Your work inspires me and how I wish I had a Silhouette to play with! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://lestylemagenta.blogspot.com/2011/03/coup-de-coeur-19-won-our-heart-19.html

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!