Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Peaceful Garden


This card features one of the new Memory Box stamps that I found  in the  Ellen Hutson online store. The sentiment is by Hero Arts and the Butterflies and background design are by Silhouette.

The blooms were embossed with white ink and embossing powder on Neenah white card stock. The color was applied with distress inks. I applied ink to a clear acrylic block and used a watercolor pen to pick up ink and color the image. To add some spots of darker color I applied some water to the ink on the block, picked up some with my finger and rubbed over the colored flowers. It's hard to see in the photo, but a little sheen was added by spraying the flowers with white Glimmer Mist chalk spray.
The butterflies were cut out on the Silhouette and were colored using the Glimmer Mist chalk spray.

The Hero sentiment was stamped on a rectangle piece of card stock and the corners were rounded. The Gorgeous Bloom stamp comes in 2 sizes and I stamped the smaller one around the edge of the tag.

Have to leave my peaceful garden to go get my teeth cleaned. Hope your day is filled with only pleasant things.
Debbie

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love this trellis effect with the roses - summer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love how you put the flowers around the edge, and those butterflies are so pretty. I hoe the teeth cleaning went well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blossoms are very pretty, love how you offset them to the edge of the card. Love the intricate pattern on the silhouette cut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background design, it works perfectly with these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous background, Debbie, and how pretty to add the flowers along the edge...love all the butterflies, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I've now looked at 3 of your cards, all of them using the Silhouette. I might need to invest in one more die cutting machine. I love the dimension it adds to your cards.

    Thanks for enabling:-)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!