Monday, March 7, 2011

Soft Lilac Birthday


Good Morning Everyone! Hope you are feeling rested and ready to go this morning. I got to stay home from work yesterday and I am feeling rested and ready to do some creating.

Made this card yesterday. Another new download from the Silhouette store....It's a good thing I have a subscription! Cut out the flower stem on the silhouette. I had a little trouble with this one. I think it would be fine if you were doing it for something larger but making it small enough for this card the flowers didn't turn out so well. So I used some 8 petal flowers that I had left over from a previous project and added some of the new Hero Hues Dots for the centers. The background is the envelope pattern from Hero, stamped in their Soft Lilac ink.
The border at the bottom is from Silhouette and I just backed it with some card stock colored with the soft lilac ink, then added some glossy accents to the center of the circles. Added the sentiment and all done!

Supplies:

Hero Arts:
S5507 envelope pattern
CL490 Sending Smiles Message
Hero Hues Dots
Soft Lilac ink

Silhouette SD:
circles & squares border
Flower (American Craft)

Glossy Accents


Thanks so much for visiting :)

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the flowers, and the border. Just unpacked mine Sat., so many designs to choose...trying to practice restraint! Ha-Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the leaves and stems a Silhouette design? Dang - I can't find that one, and it offers so many possibilities! They have thousands of designs and it takes forever to scroll through them. Can you tell us the actual name, please? I've looked under flower, flower stems, stem, leaves, stems and leaves......

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stem and leaves are a single silhouette design it is by American Craft and it is
    Flower_C00039_27175

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for that number of the stem and leaves - totally appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! The envelops pattern in the background sets is all off so nicely. I know what you mean about some Silhouette designs being small and not cutting too well. I think some of them are designed for scrapbooking rather than cardmaking but they are too pretty to resist. I'm glad I don't have a subscription, I'd need a bigger hard drive to store them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and such a relaxing feel to this card, I like those dots! I almost picked them up at my LSS the other day, but put them back. I may need to get some now!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!