Monday, April 11, 2011

Dancing With Flowers Die Cut


I couldn't resist getting this new Hero Arts die cut. This is such a pretty silhouette with a happy feel to it. The background and the silhouette "Dancing with Flowers" were cut out of Basic Grey pp using a Silhouette SD die cut machine. I stamped over the cut out design with Versamark ink and embossed using clear embossing powder. Tea Dye distress ink was rubbed over the edges of the design.
Two strips were cut from pp the same as the background and then I stamped a design using Antique Linen distress ink. The sentiment was stamped with Tea Dye and the corners were rounded on the bottom strip.
The flower is a Silhouette SD design called 3d ruffle flower and the center is a Hero Hues Dot.
I am planning on entering this in the Hero Arts sketch challenge for April.

So far we have gotten our living room and spare bedroom painted and I am ready to take a little time off  from the painting world. Both rooms have softer colors that look fresh, clean and restful. I think I will spend my time in those rooms and ignore the rest of the things that still need to be done, lol! I really need to paint my craft room but the idea of moving everything in there is very overwhelming. One of these days.......

Have a great day, thanks for stopping by and as the card says I'm sending smiles your way :).

Debbie

Hero Stamps
CG266 Dancing with Flowers
F5318 Starburst
CL490 Sending Smiles
Silhouette design
3d ruffle flower

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the die cut using that PP. The flower is a perfect touch, need to look at those at the store. You deserve a break, painting is hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your great card on Flickr and had to visit your blog to see how you did it...my husband is not going to be happy. You used your Silhouette again. I thought you were just a pro at using a craft knife. Is it really that amazing!?! I even blogged inadvertently today about wanting one:-0

    Your card is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Gorgeous! Think you're the first that I've seen use it, so fun! You are going to do amazing works with these new dies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I think I like the die cut better the way you did it rather than with the stamped image on it. Good luck on the sketch challenge, they will love it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!