Monday, April 25, 2011

First Print and Cut


I have a confession....I have been afraid to try the "Print and Cut" feature on the Silhouette SD. Now that I have given it a try I only have one question.....What was I waiting on?????

Read a little bit in the user manual, downloaded a few designs and it was really easy. The Silhouette Blog has about 23 print and cut tutorials and I can't wait to check them out. When I was doing this great floral design I was wondering if you can change the colors they use. If anyone knows the answer to that I would love to hear from you. The border is also a silhouette design. The sentiment is from PTI and the background for the sentiment is a Spellbinders Nestability.

Today is my daughter-in-law, Anita's, birthday. Happy 30th Anita! When they were just here for a visit we had some fun making cards and I am putting together a card making starter kit for her. Not giving away any secrets, she knows that is what I am doing, she just doesn't know what goodies she will find when the package gets there. It's a lot of fun to put this together.

Hope you are having a great day. Thanks for stopping by!
Debbie

10 comments:

  1. Hey Debbie ~ Gorgeous card!!

    Pull up your print and cut design and 'highlight' the section you want to change color. Click on 'fill color' (paint bucket icon) or 'fill gradient' (next to paint bucket) and select your color.

    Now, I haven't printed it out to make sure it REALLY does change the color, but it's changed on my screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaylyn for the information, I'm going to try that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Debbie! Love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done, Debbie - can't wait to see what else you can do with that magic machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just need to sell most of your stamps - it's hard to beat this! It's beautiful. I will have to try the print and cut feature soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't sell your stamp! LOL! But you are amazing with your silhoutte creations! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is magical, oh my gosh, I really love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Debbie.

    You can change the colour of your P&C by ungrouping the image and then drag each part of the image apart then open the fill gradient tab. You can select the colours already there or click on the advanced option for more colours. Hope this makes sense. Good luck. Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie, me again. Just wanted to edit my last message to say open the fill colour tab for block colour or the fill gradient for faded colours.Hope this makes sense. sue.x

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!