Sunday, April 17, 2011

Joy Quilt Card

2011-038 by dedernc3 (debbie)



This quilt card was made using a single flower design from Silhouette SD. 


 This is the design from the online store. I re-sized it, then copied and pasted it until I had enough flowers for the quilt design. I moved them until I had the quilt pattern and then used the welding feature to weld them permanently together.


Once this was done I used the offset tool to create a background to put the quilt pattern on. I did this on blue card stock on the card.

   
To make the card base I used the offset shape, enlarged, copied and pasted it, and welded the two shapes together.
The last part was to create the thin "quilt edging". I used the original size offset shape, copied it and changed the size slightly, then repeated that step.


The sentiment is from Hero Arts and is actually just a word from the sentiment "find joy every day". I masked off all the words but "joy", inked the stamp, removed the mask and then stamped the word. I punched the word out and placed it over the center flower in the quilt design. Added Hero Hues Dots to the center of the rest of the flowers.

It's a beautiful day today, quite different from yesterdays tornadoes. We were lucky and missed any of the destruction but it was widespread across North Carolina. We don't have tornadoes very often and they were everywhere yesterday. I don't think I have ever seen that many in one storm system. I'll take a hurricane any time. At least you get plenty of warning and can get out of harm's way. That is unless you are a nurse and then you just go to work.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Debbie

7 comments:

  1. I think it's genius, Debbie!! Beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I have no idea what you did, just that it sounds complicated, I see from the steps you show just how much work you put into this. I love your result. It is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just gorgeous!!!! I'll have to try this one. I haven't tried the welding thing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I love the design it is gorgeous! I had no idea that you could do things like this with the SD. Need to spend some time playing with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto what Arlene said :) LOVE the result, no matter how it came to be! Lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly know who to ask if I have any Silhouette questions. Your card is beautiful and thank you for the step-by-step, it's very easy to understand. I'm glad you were spared from the nasty weather over your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty patterns on the intertwined flower, so gorgeous and unique!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!