Friday, April 1, 2011

Magenta Sketch Entry


My entry for the Magenta Sketch Challenge. I liked the clean lines of the sketch design shown below. It says simple elegance to me.


The flowers are part of the latest release from Magenta, isn't it beautiful? It was stamped using Memento Summer Sky dye ink. After stamping I used a versamark pen to highlight the flowers and the frame around the rectangle image and embossed with clear detail embossing powder. This gave it a little dimension and added just a touch of a cream color to the blue and white.
The background is the Hero Arts envelope pattern design embossed using Versamark frost ink and clear ep.
A touch of color was added around the edges by rubbing the summer sky ink lightly with my fingers. I also embossed over these edges.

The top and bottom of the rectangle image were created using the Silhouette SD. It is actually a bird cage design and I altered the size of the design so that it would fit the rectangle and cut out the cage portion of the design. This is the entire design.


I was talking with a friend yesterday about card styles. I enjoy making all kinds of cards and using many techniques but I think I am happiest with my cards when they have lots of white space. White with a subtle tone on tone or white with bold pops of color, such different looks but both are great.
What's your style? Which of your cards are you happiest with?

Hope you are enjoying a beautiful day! Watch out for those April Fools Day jokes :)
Debbie

4 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous! So love that silhouette cut and the hint of gloss on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Debbie, I really need you to show me how to change the shapes on the silhouette. Love the pearls showering the corner, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very original!
    Thank you for having participated with Magenta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your birdcage re-do was really creative. Your muted blue/cream color combination is beautiful. I've never seen Magenta stamps. Where do you buy them?

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!