Friday, April 8, 2011

Shiny and Soft


Hope everyone has been having a wonderful week. I made this card a few days ago and have been trying to get a decent picture of it and it has been difficult to photograph. There is lots of embossing that looks beautiful in person but it mades it hard to capture the true colors and the shine at the same time. So I gave up and the photo above captures the colors and the photo below shows off the shine.


The card  and the bird with swirl are Silhouette SD designs. The card above the circle border was stamped with the floral background stamp with versamark frost ink and embossed with detail clear embossing powder. The bird and swirl were cut out with the Silhouette, colored with a copic marker, covered with the versamark ink and embossed with clear powder.
The bold flower stamp was inked first with versamark frost, then worn lipstick distress ink and embossed with clear powder. The center of the petals was colored with a copic marker. Then I used a versamark pen to go over the colored areas and embossed with clear powder. I embossed the circle border in the same manner. The dots in the center of the flower were created by placing a drop of glossy accents in the middle of each small circle and sprinkling glitter over the drops.

The stamps are from Hero Arts CG301, CG303, CL489.

It has finally warmed up again and it is so beautiful. The dogwoods are in full bloom, the azaelas are starting to open up and we had enough rain to help with the pollen issue. So fresh and new looking. I guess that is what has inspired me to paint inside my house. I've gone paint crazy. I bought paint for the living room and painted part of the wall only to find out that my choice in colors wasn't really working. SO, I painted the spare bedroom and it worked great in there. Back to Benjamin Moore today and two more gallons of paint and I will try the living room again tomorrow. This color has to work because it won't work anywhere else in my house and they do not give paint away!!! I thought paint was the cheapest way to freshen up but I obviously hadn't bought any paint lately....Sticker shock!! I love to paint. I don't love prepping to paint but I love rolling and brushing that new color on the walls and I am not a patient person so once I get started, I want it all done. Larry does do the trim work for me so that helps and I tell him daily how lucky he is that he has a wife who enjoys painting...don't want him to forget how good he has it.

Have a great weekend, it's painting Saturday and work Sunday for me :)
Debbie

5 comments:

  1. Very soft and pretty. I love the shine on the flower, it is hard to get a good photo of that sort of thing but you did a good job. Did you know that Hero Arts has Silhouette cutting files that coordinate with their stamps now?

    I know what you mean about the paint, it has gotten expensive! Luckily I do NOT enjoy painting so that's an expense I can skip, for now, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, love the intricate border cut, and the shiny flower. Hope you get the living room color like you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    Your card is beautiful! I'm impressed with all of the embossing. It's really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, your card is so soft and shimmery...I love it! Glad to hear the rain has washed away the pollen and all of nature seems fresh and lovely. Great time of year! As for the painting, I'd love to have you visit and help ME get the brushes rolling...so true about the cost of paint, not cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty card, and love how you got the shine to show on the big flower!! So inspiring to hear your painting story, I so want to do some little decorating here and there, but it's tough with a little one, I figure better to wait until he's older..hehe. Hope you will share some pics when you're done.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!