Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Leaf Flower


There have been so many great home made flowers on everyone's blogs lately and Tiffany's beautiful flowers yesterday inspired me to try my hand at some. I chose to make my flower with one of the new digital Hero Arts Die Cuts. The leaves were cut out, in two sizes, using the Silhouette SD.


Each leaf was placed on a foam pad and I rubbed them in a circular motion using the round end of a QuicKutz Quickstik. This breaks down the fibers in the pp and gives them some dimension.



For the finishing touch I rolled under the edges on the leaves, layered the smaller leaves over the larger ones to form a flower. The center of the flower is a Silhouette design and it is finished with a Hero Hues Dot.
I made the card using one of the April sketch designs on the Hero blog. The card base was made on the Silhouette by drawing two ovals of the same size and then welding them.
The patterned paper is the Kioshi collection by Basic Grey. All stamps are by Hero Arts.
I think you could use these digital leaves and fold them in the same way Tiffany did her flower petals and that would be pretty too.

We had stamp club yesterday and made some cards for Operation Write Home. Frances did most of the work by having all the cards designed and each person had a kit with all the ingredients to make a particular card. The next couple of pictures are some of the group and a picture of some of the 50+ cards we made in 2 hours.
This is Libby, Frances, Nancy, Ann and Tammy. We were missing a few of our group.


Didn't Frances do a great job with the designs?

Have a wonderful day and Thanks for visiting!
Debbie

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty Spring card. I am currently hoarding some of that Kioshi paper, it's too pretty to cut up. But I do like what you've done with it on this card. Frances did a wonderful job with the card designs and I'm sure the OWH people are grateful, the cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your creation using the digital die-cuts, Debbie - very inventive! Love the papers you chose, too. And congratulations on being part of the OWH card making - your friend did a great job designing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! This is so very beautiful! I may have to start getting out some leaf stamps and make one of these flowers! Beautiful cards you all made, my favorite is the far right corner one in purple w/the flower, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous, Debbie, especially the flower...how clever to use the leaf diecuts for the petals!!! Your stamp club has made some lovely cards, too!! The designs are awesome and the soldiers will really appreciate them!!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!