Friday, May 20, 2011

Debossing


All images including the sentiment on this card were created on the Silhouette SD. This is the image it all started with.

This is the design that created the floral grouping on the card. I duplicated it several times to make the flowers. Then I used the little individual petals, colored them green and used them as leaves.



This is how it looks right out of the printer. So I decided to add some script and cut it out into a card shape. After doing those steps, it needed a little dimension so I added that by coloring with a white colored pencil around the edges and debossing. These are the tools I used for the debossing.


That is a dry embossing stylus but I chose not to use a light box and I traced around the outline of the flowers with the stylus so the image is de-bossed instead of embossed and below is a close up of that detail.


I think it adds a nice little touch and keeps the image from having a stenciled appearance.

I made this card after visiting the Less is More  blog and seeing their challenge for the week. Decided I would play along...what do you think is this Clean and Simple? It is one layer. Does the debossing count as embossing? I hope so. Go over and take a look at all the other wonderful entries.
Thanks for visiting.
Debbie

15 comments:

  1. Superb card, what a fabulous effect you have created... very clever and extremely effective!
    Thanks so much for joining us!
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Debbie. Love it. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic illusion! I was sure that was seperate layer
    Gorgeous card
    Debossing is mot certainly fine, I say!
    Thanks so much
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie...WOW! What an awesome card! I thought it was several layers until I read what you had done! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing,It totally looks like it is layered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You have outdone yourself with this one, Debbie! Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing looking! I learn something new from you each time! I had never heard of debossing? Very cool technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Debbie - I finally clicked on your name and came here.. and it's you! I thought it was another Debbie but so happy you visited me and thank you so much for your warm words! Your card is stunning, looking at all the work that went into it too!!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! What a gorgeous design...the flowers are absolutely fabulous and I'm lovin all the white space!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is an absolutely beautiful card! I also thought it was layers till I ready what you did! I've gotta try this technique! THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing colors and card. WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this collection of flowers! VERY impressive coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your cards thank you for sharing.../ What does SD stand for ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. On that silhouette you can save images to a SD card and can use the silhouette without the computer.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!