Monday, May 2, 2011

Making Cakes without Baking


This is my favorite of the cakes I made this weekend. This original design was a wedding cake but by removing the flowers that come with the design you can decorate the cake base however you like. You can also change the number of layers. I won't detail all the steps but if you have any questions please leave a comment and I will get back to you. After removing the flowers I used the ric-rac design to decorate the layers and filled them in with 3 colors. The dots are added with Glossy Accents. The larger flowers are also from Silhouette but the smaller ones are a Martha Stewart Punch. All the sentiments on each card are from Hero Arts. They are all from clear sets and were cut apart in order to have them fit the space like I wanted.


This cake looks like it has fondant icing on it to me. Most of the flowers were added in to the original cake on the silhouette after adding the color to the layers. I also used the ric-rac design again. The dimensional flowers are Silhouette designs.


My final cake to share today. This one was made with less layers and the package border decorating the layers is the same one I used last week on the birthday card.
That's it for today, saving a few more to share with you later.
Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by :)
Debbie

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Debbie, now I'm in awe AND I'm hungry!

    These cake cards are amazing! I love all three...hard to pick a fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three cakes are beautiful! Love the different looks you made on each!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous, Debbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these cakes look so delicious,Debbie, I just love seeing all the different cuts and images you get from the Silhouette!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!