Sunday, May 8, 2011

Penny Black Monochromatic Challenge


The Penny Black Blog is hosting a challenge in honor of National Scrapbooking Day. The challenge is to use Penny Black stamps with a monochromatic color scheme. Their design team has posted some wonderful cards, so be sure you go over and check them out.
I paired up a couple of my new Penny Black stamps with a design from the Silhouette SD for my card. The white doily design was round to begin with but I changed it to an oval shape. Cut it out in white and then used the offset feature to create the blue background. Then I offset that shape and duplicated it, moved them close together and used the weld feature to create the white card base.
The flowers and the butterfly were stamped on the blue card stock, embossed and cut out. I did use a white colored pencil to add a little shading.

Happy Mothers Day to everyone!
Thanks for sharing a little time with me
Debbie

4 comments:

  1. SO pretty, I love the monochromatic color scheme. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This is such a gorgeous design, Debbie....the colors are beautiful and I sooo love the beautiful stamped images!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Super pretty! I love all of your intricate cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous with all the white embossing!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!