Friday, June 3, 2011

Fun Trips


We just got back from a little trip in our state of North Carolina so I was thinking of trips and made this little scene from elements on the Silhouette SD. Below you will see the original designs that I bought from the Silhouette online store. This is how they looked when I began to work with them.


I worked with the balloon and clouds first.
1st step was to ungroup the balloon and clouds.
Then ungrouped the balloon image in order to color the elements separately. After it was colored as desired it was copied and pasted in order to cut two images to give it dimension. Then I ungrouped the colored image and chose details to copy and paste so they could be cut out individually. It might be hard to see in the photo but the balloon has 3 different layers created by using dimensional foam tape between layers. It looks like a dimensional sticker you could find in a store without the extra cost.
The clouds were copied and pasted, changed to different sizes, colored differently and flipped horizontally so they would not all be going in the same direction. I wanted color around the edges of the clouds so I used the offset feature, minimized the amount of offset and filled it with a different color.

Was going to show a few more photos of the different steps but blogger is a little slow today with uploads.
The senitment was made on the silhouette with one of their fonts. I created each letter individually, so that I could potition them along the top of the hill. I offset them in white and cut each word separately. You could print that into the original design if you wanted to and not cut them out.

We just celebrated out 24th anniversary and our trip was a last minute idea. Just a few days out of town to get away from the daily routine. The first excitement was about 50 miles away from home when a huge black bear (estimating around 450 lbs) came out of the woods and started to cross the road in front of us. I have never seen a bear that big. Wasn't able to grab the camera quick enough to get a picture. We had nice sunny weather but it is HOT! around 97 degrees on Tues. Way too early in the year to be that hot.

June is also the month that I started working as a NICU nurse. 35 years this June. Where has time gone? I was 23 when I started so I have done this more than half of my life. Lots of reflection at this time of year.

Hope you are someplace cool and having a great day. Thanks for stopping by :)
Debbie

9 comments:

  1. Your blog is interesting, has left a great impression.
    Best wishes
    Jonas

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you had a good trip! You are amazing with the silhouette! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That card is so pretty. I love the hot air balloon with the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't find those designs anywhere in the Sil store! Do you know the number of the balloon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The balloon design was added to the store on 5-26 and the number is C00094.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeks!! Oh my gosh, this is sooo, so fun! Love how cute this is, Debbie! Happy Anniversary to you!! I think I would be really scared if I saw a bear passing in front of me, lol! You are brave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Debbie! Gorgeous card! Love the cheerful colors and the dimension you created! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!! Your balloon is absolutely fabulous, Debbie!!!!! Love how you added the clouds, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!