Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Loopy Window Card


I almost gave up! I have been trying all morning to upload this card to blogger but for some reason it wouldn't upload. I uploaded it to flickr and tried to use the html code to upload it from there but it kept saying the code wasn't correct. I don't know what I did differently this time but it finally worked...

I made the card window on the Silhouette SD. This design was actually a 3d box that had a Valentine design with it but I ungrouped it, removed the box design and created a card around the loopy window.
The polka dot background was also created on the silhouette and is the same one I used on the Ferris Wheel card from yesterday.

The flowers are a wonderful stamp from Penny Black called "pin-striped" and it was stamped then colored with copic markers and cut out to go on the front of the card.  Sentiment is from PTI and it is stamped on the inside of the card. The small butterflies were created with a new punch set I got that you first punch it and then place it in the second punch and it embossess it. Now I wish I had gotten the larger size, also.

My inspiration for this card came from 2 places...Summer Card Camp 2011 where I saw a great window card technique video by Jennifer Mcguire and the coloring of the flowers was inspired by Jill Foster. Jill is amazing with her bright bold beautiful colors. Maybe one day I will come close to achieving her look. If you haven't seen the blog I Love Mementos, you need to check it out. I am loving it!

I signed up for Summer Card Camp and am so glad that I did. Wonderful inspiration and I am getting to see some great creations by my fellow campers. Thanks to those of you who have stopped by and left comments, I'm off to visit some of you.

Debbie

10 comments:

  1. What a pretty card. I like what you did with the window. Great idea. Isn't this Card Camp so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should be teaching at card camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie this frame card is so gorgeous, so glad you didn't give up when trying to load it!
    Thanks for sharing your blog details with Penny Circle over on flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this card is simply beautiful. So glad you got it uploaded...loved seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic window - absolutely love it! I have tht Penny Black stamp and you did a beautiful job with the colors. Love the inside of the card. Look forward to seeing more during card camp!

    I had trouble getting my card on today too - so glad you got this one on there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning window card, Debbie! Love the way this all came together! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful presentation on this card, love how bold those flowers look!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!