Thursday, June 16, 2011

Single Layers with Dimension


I will be sharing 3 cards with you today. They are all one layer cards and all were made on the Silhouette SD. The first card uses 2 designs from the Silhouette online store.

The card was shown as a square and designed to be cut as two layers. But for my project I changed it to a rectangular shape and colored the layers instead of cutting them. The butterfly was colored and moved on to the one layer card. The Happy Birthday sentiment was created with a font from the online store and printed instead of cut. After printing out the card I traced around the designs with a dry embossing stylus to add dimension.


This cake on this card is from the Hero Arts portfolio in the online store














 
 All the coloring on the card was done on the silhouette. The score lines were created on a Martha Stewart score board and I also traced around the elements of the design with the embossing stylus.


 Here is the design as seen in the online store



 The design that you start with is the bottom one. You have 3 butterflies and then you can duplicate them and change the size in order for the border to fit your card. I cut one of the butterflies away from the others to create the larger one at the top of the card. Some tracing with the stylus and a few lines on the scoreboard and it makes the design pop.

If anybody ask me "If you were stuck on a deserted island and you could only take one crafting tool, what would it be?" my answer would be "There better be electricity because I'm taking my Silhouette!" It just does it all!

Thanks for spending a little time with me today :)
Debbie

6 comments:

  1. Look at you go with this techie stuff! I'm so impressed with your projects, Debbie! You should enter the first one in Lily Pad's color palette challenge, but hurry it ends soon! Here it is:
    http://www.lilypad.inlinkz.com/2011/06/03/karber-presents-kathys-lily-pad-palette-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy all your cards, thanks for posting so much information. Going to try that butterfly one tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! What gorgeous cards, Debbie...you are quite the techie expert, for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all sooo amazing! I have to go back and re-read the info to inhale all of it, now! I bet Hero Arts would love to have you guest design demonstrating the silhouette and their new dies..you'd be perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Debbie, you are indeed the great and powerful Silhouette wizard! These are just beautiful. I am going to give the print and cut thing another try, with something that can be ungrouped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what awesome cards and thanks for the mini tutorial!! Thanks for reminding me how great adding scored lines to a card is so impressive. Thanks for the inspiration and for taking the time to play along with us at The Lily Pad Palette Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!