Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Brights


I got 3 new designs from the Silhouette online store today and they are
Floral Filigree Hibiscus branch (added to store on 2-16-11) C00685
Whispy buttterfly (added 9-21-2009) C20090921105749 and
The card background (added 6-20-11) C00952

The floral design is on sale this week. It actually starts as two flowers but when I decided to use the card with the dots I only used one of the flowers. There was a little rearranging of the dots and the blue dot ended up being the perfect size and place to stamp my "Hello" greeting. Not because I planned it that way...wasn't thinking that far ahead.   The butterfly was a cut design but I ungrouped it and colored the two pieces. It was printed onto the card and I cut another of each of the butterflies to layer for added dimension.  SOOOO easy!
The heat is oppressive here and that gives me an excuse to stay in a cool house and have a little fun creating.
A friend of mine told me that she was in the yard with her 4 year old daughter and she  told her  mom she was "melting water". Don't you love how children's minds work? Sounds so much better than sweating.

Hope you are enjoying perfect weather....for right now I'm staying indoors :)

Thanks for visiting :)
Debbie

2 comments:

  1. Love this! It's so bright and cheerful and the embossing around the edges of the images makes them pop. I know what you mean about this hot weather, I stay inside as much as possible, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty...such a happy card with all the beautiful colors and fun die cuts...love this, Debbie!!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!