Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Camp-Ferris Wheel


I am excited to be learning at the Summer Card Camp 2011 and this is my entry in the week 1 color challenge.

 The colors are warm purples, orange and pink with a sky blue and white. I am having technical difficulties this morning and can't figure out how to get them on my blog after I downloaded them.
Everything but the sentiment was created on the Silhouette SD. I used 3 images for this card.

Ferris Wheel C02589
Background polka dot even 2466
Frame C02808

I had fun taking all the elements of the ferris wheel apart, some are colored on the silhouette and some were cut out of different colors of card stock. Glossy Accents were added to the cars on the ferris wheel and it gives them some nice dimension but it makes them hard to photograph. Too much light makes them too shiny and too little makes the colors look dull. I did have some help with the photography..



This little guy was out warming up in the early morning sun and he was still a little slow moving.  I think he was more concerned with me stepping on him than the correct lighting for the photo.









Thanks for stopping by and if you are participating in Summer Card Camp I will see you over there :)

Debbie

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Debbie - the glossy accents really make a huge difference on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! These colors work perfectly with these colors! The images are the picture of summer fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very cute Debbie. The ferris wheel is perfect for the color combo. I had trouble too photographing my card last night... oh well, that's half the fun:-)
    See you around camp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card and such good use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY card, Debbie! Beautiful job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a cute use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card. You did a wonderful job using all the colors.

    I'm scared of lizards so I would have run off and been the least of his worries :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that big, bright Ferris Wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun card! I wandered over from the class gallery :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the Ferris Wheel card. Especially like the stamped image & your coloring. I like to ride Ferris Wheels & Carousels. Posted my card today 6/29/11. #266.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card. I love the ferris wheel. They are building up the yearly fair in town as we speak. And they have a ferris wheel which I love.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Creative way to incorporate the color scheme ;-). Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your card !! have a nice camp
    yvette from france

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!