Monday, June 20, 2011
This is one of the very first designs I downloaded from the Silhouette online store. I have run into a few issues when I have tried to cut it out using a size small enough to fit on a card. Some of the smallest intricate cuts did not come out well. Decided to try again using the print and cut feature.
I started with this design and used the ungroup feature. I separated all the layers except the designs on the butterfly. Then I colored the individual layers, changed the line color to black and brought it to the front of the design.
Then I brought this next image to my workspace.
I colored the image on the silhouette and used the knife to cut it so that it would fit into the frame of the first design. I drew a rounded rectangle around the image with just a little of the butterfly frame extending over the edge. Before sending to the silhouette I changed the cut lines so that only the outer edge would be cut.
Finishing touches were a little shading with a few copic markers, two punched butterflies, a few gemstones and a sentiment from a Hero Arts clear set.
And the finished project turned out like this
I did do a little debossing around the printed design just to add a little dimension. You can really see the difference it makes on the actual card.
So what I learn everyday about the Silhouette is how versatile it is. I feel certain the design would cut just fine if it was cut larger, but I am delighted to be able to find a way to make it work to suit my needs.
Thanks for stopping by it makes my day :)