Monday, June 20, 2011

Versatility


This is one of the very first designs I downloaded from the Silhouette online store. I have run into a few issues when I have tried to cut it out using a size small enough to fit on a card. Some of the smallest intricate cuts did not come out well. Decided to try again using the print and cut feature.
I started with this design and used the ungroup feature. I separated all the layers except the designs on the butterfly. Then I colored the individual layers, changed the line color to black and brought it to the front of the design.
Then I brought this next image to my workspace.

I colored the image on the silhouette and used the knife to cut it so that it would fit into the frame of the first design. I drew a rounded rectangle around the image with just a little of the butterfly frame extending over the edge. Before sending to the silhouette I changed the cut lines so that only the outer edge would be cut.

Finishing touches were a little shading with a few copic markers, two punched butterflies,  a few gemstones and a sentiment from a Hero Arts clear set.
And the finished project turned out like this


I did do a little debossing around the printed design just to add a little dimension. You can really see the difference it makes on the actual card.
So what I learn everyday about the Silhouette is how versatile it is. I feel certain the design would cut just fine if it was cut larger, but I am delighted to be able to find a way to make it work to suit my needs.

Thanks for stopping by it makes my day :)
Debbie

7 comments:

  1. I'm in awe how you made this!! This card definitely puts a smile on my face, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! Could you give the name and number of the leaf cluster in the store? I just can't find it! Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...this turned out sooo pretty, Debbie!!!! I love how you cutout some of the fern to lap over the frame and the colors are absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leaf cluster is called decorative leaf cluster and the number is C00830_19210

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW... You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, This is beautiful! Luv your color combination! Your shading on the leaf cluster is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!